Monday, May 10, 2010

Position of Power

Today is election day.

Whatever happens today will shape not only the next 6 years of the country but this generation and beyond. I rarely talk about politics but today is groundbreaking. I shall cast my vote for the first time in my life, a fact I am not particularly proud of, but along with that comes the fervent prayer that Jesus shepherds this nation to a place that is peaceful and where selfless service, integrity, honesty and upright Christian values abound.

Regardless of what this nation has been through and all the crap that we put up with on a daily basis (thanks to our politicians who are neck and neck with local celebrities in keeping the nation entertained with their affairs), I still am proud to be Pinoy. I have not lost all hope. I know that if not my children, my grandchildren will live to see the day when Filipinos have triumphed over the evil of power and money.

Today is the day everone gets a say. Every Juan is in the position of power to choose those who will be in power (Ugh, I hate saying that. They are public servants, first and foremost). God bless the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment