Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Say whuuut?

Bench could use a new creatives/ad agency, seriously.

I thought this ad was confusing enough--

Captivate him? Captivate him? Is it just me or is it the girl who looks captivated? (But in fairness, Coco looks hot in print!)

But please, pardon me if I get a little freaked out when I saw this--



Copy says:

You don't need much to look like Diether.
1. Maghanda lang ng P5.00
2. Get a Bench Fix Sachet
3. Buksan
4. Apply on fingers at ilagay sa buhok
5. I-apply sa buhok para ma-achieve ang kaayaayang effect

Amazingly (or disconcertingly) enough... copy says the same thing for both Iya and Jake! Now, does that mean that if I follow all steps, I could end up, surprised in the end, looking like Diether, Iya or Jake?

If the intent was to confuse the audience, then you are doing one helluva job, guys!


3 comments:

  1. "Now, does that mean that if I follow all steps, I could end up, surprised in the end, looking like Diether, Iya or Jake?"
    I guess that's what they want to have you believe.

    It's sad how these people think they can fool their target audience with crap like that. This is why marketing here SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to fool ppl into thinking that with just 4pesos they can look like Iya is so not cool. Unfortunately we are not the target market and it DOES dupe some ppl. I guess they forgot to mention the P4000 curling Iron, the P5000-10,000 stylist and hundreds of thousands/millions spent on photographer, lighting/equipment, graphically rendering out imperfectsions/stray hairs, etc., etc.!

    ReplyDelete