Saturday, February 4, 2012

Treason to My Generation

Two of my friends posted this link on Facebook, figured it's worth reading.

While the author raised salient points that I feel aptly describes the world today, I have just one argument:



It is remiss not to give due credit to HARD WORK. 

Our parents did not stick to one job for the lack of options or because "the world has not opened up quite as easily" as it has now. They did because they value an age-old formula for success which, I argue, would still hold true generations after everything has been made so convenient/connected. They did because hard work-- or sticking it out patiently with one thing, knowing you get what you give-- is the best way to go.

I for one, will not make apologies for the conveniences of the modern world. They are for us to exploit. But I will also concede to the fact that those who took the back-breaking road have reaped wisdom no shortcuts, no technology, no sense of self-entitlement can ever teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment