Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Goodbyes and Answers

In a place where happiness rarely came around

And kindred souls were few and far between

You were my quiet place, my refuge

We put the pieces together perfectly

The way only the lucky ones can


You made me see there was heaven above me

As there was the earth below

And you breathed life into everything in between

Sometimes I even wonder

If you knew you had that magic in you


Yet now, your eyes tell the story of deep sorrow

Your smile is the confession of a bitter longing

My mortal hands cannot do anything

Between our goodbye and the road ahead of us

Are answers waiting to be found


Your eyes tell the story of deep sorrow

Your smile is the confession of bitter longing

When did we let go of the grip?

Between our goodbye and the road ahead of us

Are answers we may never find


No comments:

Post a Comment