Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Think of You and I Whistle :)

Today was a happy day :) One of the biggest projects has come to a (semi-)conclusion-- I'm saying semi because unless the finished products have been delivered to the doorstep of the client, I'd still be continuing to tiptoe-- and because today someone got injured. And I rejoice because I'm evil like that. >=) But relax, he's fine. He'd go on to be an Ironman China finisher in  8 weeks' time but for now, I'm just relishing the thought he twisted his wrist and turned to me for affirmation that, despite the fact that he won't be able to train for swimming and loofah the same way in the next 7  days, it's all good. Yeeeeee. :)


And there's more...
It's been more than a month since I celebrated my birthday. I'd be lying if I say I wasn't looking forward to our honoring tradition but travels and work got in the way. Something always gets in the way. How convenient is that? Anyway, I'm still contemplating on demanding for that session but for now, let it be said that my eyes well up with happy tears every time I  read the post-birthday honoring from my Twinstah and Evil Sistah.  Since they're too heartwarming not to share, let's post 'em here so I can access them in one place whenever I need a thought that would make me whistle (and cry).


***
1)
Author: My Twinstah
Date sent: 08 March 2011
Manner of sending: Yahoo! Mail


You know what I realized today?


You were the one who introduced me to:
1. Climbing mountains
2. Running
3. Local travel

Three things that make me feel alive, that give me joie de vivre.

Thank you, Winsy. :)

You and I are different in many ways, but essentially we're made of the same stuff :
an appreciation for the sun, sand and sea, an affinity for the mountains, a curiousity
for the world and its wonders, the desire to live a life that is joyful and meaningful.
And I am grateful for your friendship - for this soul sisterhood.

I hope you realize how special you are. And many people would agree for sure. :)

The other half of the power couple - whoever he may be - is in for a delightful life with you.



2)
Author: My Evil Sistah
Date sent: 30 March 2011
Manner of sending: As blog post


It’s been over a month since your birthday but we never really had a formal honoring session. So I thought I should post my thoughts on my blog…just so you’ll have an excuse to visit my page again. :>

Kidding aside, I really missed you after our quick breakfast this morning. I guess my realization triggered this post. Anyway, my thoughts go something like this…

If your life is a storybook then yours will have colorful pages. Colorful pages that represent the happy memories that you constantly create with your family and friends. Wherever you are, you always bring sunshine with you. You’re like this perfect glint of sun on a dreamy day at the beach.

Your storybook also comes in thick fat sheets. Because it carries the distances that you covered both literally and metaphorically to add meaning, substance and depth to your life.

These things are all in the present if not in the past. But guess what…your storybook also has of lots of blank spaces. For memories that have yet to come. For life experiences that will gain you more insights. For revelatory dreams that you have yet to achieve.

You are one strong woman. Beautiful, smart and really quite a catch (any guy—wait, dapat runner, matangkad, di maputi, outdoorsy, matalino, God-fearing at magaling mag English—will be lucky to have you). So whatever comes your way, however you wish to tread the tides of the future, I’m sure you will daringly carry on with so much grace and passion.

I love you, Evil Sistah! :-* Belated happy botdei! >:D< 



***
Dalawa pa lang yan. Tell me whose birthday is not complete after getting these 2 messages? :"> Thanks, girls. Actually, this blog entry is about you (Not that guy! Haha!) I'm just too sabaw to establish the connection which is bad because I'm already about to end it with a sudden halt. 
***
Okay, sleepy. Gotta go and dream happy dreams already. Night night! :-"



No comments:

Post a Comment