Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm INNNN!!!

This is to mean I'm not kidding. Well, not that anybody said I am.

I reckon the first 296 registrants were all from Australia, beating me to it by sheer timezone advantage. Haha.




Registration: check
Hotel reservations: check
Training: in progress (my feet are getting acquainted with the new Brooks GTS 11)
Visa application: Uhm.. yeah.. we'll get there!


Really excited since this will be my 3rd 42 kilometers and 1st international marathon. You know what they say, third time's the charm. Do I hear a PR? :) Looking forward also because I will be traveling with 2 sisters, a brother, his wife and their little boy. :) Marathoner and Tita duties in one trip! :)

And, as I shared with some friends yesterday, I am extreeeeeeemely proud and honored that I will be running with my Kuya, the eldest of the brood. This is his first full marathon at the age of 40! 40!!!! Can you believe that! Family members never fail to surprise me when it comes to embracing new things in their lives. (Another brother recently started his blog at 38, one is training for Ironman Cebu-- also his first for that distance; and the kuya-bunso is a new daddy-o!).

 Only goes to show, it's never too late to start ANYTHING new in your life. :) In mine too! :)

5 comments:

  1. this year's motto : never too late is never!

    go go amiga! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo!!! :)
    And since this is a family vacation, my next bikini purchase might be a little on the conservative side. :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely catchier than the Biebs' never say never. :))

    Gracias, amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud and happy for you!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, luv! :) See you sooooooooon!!!!

    ReplyDelete