Saturday, July 31, 2010

Huh?!

Somebody told me off today and said I am hostile, and that I SHOULD care a little bit more of what other people think of me. I beg your pardon but I just want to do something I wasn't able to do a while ago while we were talking.. and that is to let this out-- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wow, her being condescending blew me away. And she knows me what, 2 months? Tell me if I'm being too uptight here but I usually don't consider acquaintances reliable source of insights as to what kind of person I am.

We go back to our interesting conversation a while ago. I thought we had something worthwhile going since the main theme of our conversation was honesty. She went ahead saying why she has become the person she is now, unmotivated and under productive because she's been putting up with a lot of BS for quite a while now. Instinctively, I told her she doesn't have to eat crap everyday, and that she has a choice. She suddenly changed gears and asked, "is that what you think I am, unmotivated and under productive"? I was so tempted to say that everything she's been yakking about can be summed up by those 2 words. It was either she was in denial she's those two un-words, or we have differences in our definition of terms.

Since the topic about her (which she totally introduced) began to make her feel uncomfortable, she volunteered to make ME the next subject. She went ahead and overwhelmed me with her self-declared keeness by saying "tahimik lang ako pero marunong ako bumasa ng tao". SURE, DARLING, SURE. Now if I were her, I wouldn't oversell myself like that because apparently, she can't read me. So she went "I know how unhappy you are". My thought balloon: Oh yeah? Funny I just said that. Apparently, you are better in reading chat messages than reading people.

She proceeded with lecturing me about how I shouldn't be so detached from people. That I should learn how to dance like the Romans when in Rome. That wherever life would take me, I should know how to mingle and try to be a bit friendlier. At this point I wanted to burst into laughter, not exactly because she's 6 years my junior but because she doesn't know my long story.

Wonderful, it was simply wonderful. To think we agreed earlier on that we don't have to be friends. I don't know her and she doesn't know me. I wonder which part of that agreement wasn't clear to her since she went on and on telling me I'm like this, I'm like that. Even worse, teaching me TO BE THIS, AND BE THAT. *faint* And oh, get this, I even told her, TWICE, that the only 2 people I like from our circle are Person A and Person B. I NAMED THOSE TWO and she still missed the fact that she is not someone I'd take in the level she was shooting for. She should have picked up from there that nothing from our conversation would be ingrained in my memory.

See, being honest with your opinion of a person is a totaly different animal from assuming you are actually right about that person. Needless to say, I did not even try to dispel her perception of me. What the hell for?

What an interesting afternoon it's been. Never have i been so unwillingly put under the x-ray machine and misdiagnosed. OH WELL. =)

3 comments:

  1. annoyed much? pero annoying nga sya hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, jo! i was actually impressed by her persistence to cross the line i was ever so strongly trying to draw.

    i know this may sound impossible but but.. enjoy cebu! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wag line...try mo yung electrecuted wire hahaha!

    ReplyDelete