Friday, July 2, 2010

(Working Title)

Since I do not know what to call my new blog yet, I am posting this here for the time being. I just want this out there already... I just don't want to sleep on this for another night again.

The wait had been far too long already. Today is the day I can say I finally did it. =)

____________________________________________________________


Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
~ C. S. Lewis

And I believe in everyday miracles…

***

The story of the man on the street has always fascinated me. As a child, I’d imagine myself having my own talk show (as every child would dream to be on TV), interviewing every Juan about anything and everything.

Tales of cosmic miracles about finding “the one” have always been a personal favorite. I am such a sucker for mush, you can say. But there is a whole lot more out there… Even the strangest stranger can host popcorn night and fill you with stories of adventure, heart brokenness, struggle, triumph…anything! There’s just so much of life to rant, scream and narrate about.

Please allow me start with my own story—
I am just another wide-eyed wanderer. I love the beach. I run. I am an orphan, the youngest of a wonderful bunch of 7, aunt to 2 of the most beautiful boys ever. I believe Rafael Nadal is my soulmate. I cry a lot but I am unbreakable. I have a nasty scar of my right leg which I got in the summer of ’96 when my cousin and I were trying to be noticed by the cutest boys on the block. I know, someday, I'm gonna fly :)

Seriously though, I don’t know what makes a good story. Is it when it is relatable to more people? Is it when it touches hearts and sends shivers down the spine? Does it have to be an ROFL-kind? I have no freaking idea, really. All I know is that more than just hearing a good story, it’s also about connecting with another person, another life. It’s also about scratching beneath the surface…

I believe that each one of us has a story to tell, and a life to share. As mundane or revolutionary as it may be, every story deserves to be told. And it deserves an audience… even if it means an audience of one.

With that, I’d like to welcome you to the chronicles of everyday people. In here you will find a smorgasbord of stories-- allegories, anecdotes, tragedies, and whatnot. But most of all you will find here your story.

They say that the oldest story is written in the stars. I say yours is the best story that might not have ever been told. Yet.

1 comment:

  1. You did it!

    Looking forward to your upcoming entries!

    Here's to the amazing people you will be featuring on this blog and the stories they will tell! :)

    ReplyDelete