Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our dreams need some chasing, too.

Although we wish it were, life just isn't easy. For someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth or he who has nothing to put in his mouth, unfortunately, life just aint a stroll in Luneta.

I salute those who always knew what to do with their lives. At the moment, I can only think of one person known to me, and me to her, who knew what she wanted since Day 1 and is there living the dream right now. For most of us, however, things do not work in the same manner. We are constantly embattled with turning points and decisions to make, some greater than the others.

Today is different, though. As if the hair gods granted 2 of my friends better hair days, these 2 ladies just decided to take a leap and do whatever it is that's been building up inside them. Today they commenced a full swing chase towards happiness and self fulfillment.


PICCI
I've only met Pich once. She can easily be branded as an ex-girlfriend of an acquaintance, but she is so much more than that. Since she has added me as friend on Facebook late last year, I have been on online witness to her struggles from a breakup and eventually, her being reborn.

Pich is one of the emitter of better vibes in the Facebook world that is full of hatred, angst and superficial stuff. I'm not one to cast the first stone here since I am one of those who sometimes make their contacts unwitting recepients of the steam that is let out on Facebook.

As mentioned, Pich is full of positivism. So much so that I think the light she exudes is contagious. Today, is monumental for her as she laced up and ran after her dream of affecting positive change among her circle of friends...





TIPPIE
I find it so much more challenging to write about this girl probably because not only do I read about her in social networking sites, but because I also play the role of a sounding board to her. Oh wait, she knows about my quarter life crisis too!

Given our dynamics, I should have seen this one coming...




...but I didn't.

I keep a company of a few, very very very dear friends, and we are each other's number one fans. I'm glad Tippie did the right thing today. She was always meant to shine and her views were always good for something.

I shall go to bed today knowing that a revolution has started. 2 of my friends are on their way to catching up with their dream. They may be taking baby steps for now but who cares? There is no one way to get there, right?

Cheers amigas! Cheers to those who dream. And those who have the guts to chase after them. =)

1 comment:

  1. Winna! THANK YOU naman! Speechless parin ako. Hahahaha!

    It's a great feeling that someone appreciates your thoughts and someone understands what you are going through (or have gone through). Thanks.

    I'm OK now. Totally recovered. And I am thankful na nangyari yun. The Universe emphasized that there are a lot of things to appreciate and there are people who need my help to at least bring about positive change in their lives. I'm so excited to help and enlighten other people. :D

    THANK YOU. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete